Maybe since I was little his parents and teachers often emphasize the importance of exercise you drink 2 liters (or eight glasses) of water every days .However although later it was found that the rules of drinking water was not entirely true, the fact that many healthy individuals were considered to be drinking too much H2O.
And its recommendations did not take into account factors that may affect the need for human intake of fluids such as gender, environment, height and fitness level.there are many marketing strategies behind the popular hydration recommendations. Also proved potentially harmful consequences.
The problem is, drinking too much water can cause hyponatremia when the sodium in the blood becomes too thin. The symptoms of hyponatremia, dehydration is almost the same as confusion, headache, nausea and bloating.
Even in some severe cases, hyponatremia can cause seizures, organ failure until death. When to drink has sugar and additives are high, thus there is more solute in the blood and the body should take its own fluid to dilute the drink was so can be absorbed.
But if you drank too much water, you’ll just end up with urinating too much and do not absorb any liquid. So how do you know how much water do you need? For starters, do not just rely on thirst. Actually, once you put water on your tongue, you have to kill the thirst mechanism immediately.
Tips to ensure the accuracy of fluid intake as below:
- Measure your weight every day for a week to check your hydration levels. Your weight should not go up and down too much.
- Consider how much you urinate and the color of your urine in the morning. See if the amount is excessive or not, the color is pale or clear.
- Wake up in a state of thirst. If you feel thirsty while out of bed in the morning, you probably do not consume enough fluids.
- When choosing a sports drink, find a low sugar label. recommended the sugar content of 5 grams to 8 ounces serving. Even natural drinks like coconut water contains too much sugar and potassium for hydrated.
- Coffee, tea and fruits and vegetables can also be fluid intake. It’s not coffee are diuretics. All you need to consider is the volume, so if you drink five cups, you will urinate more.
- Start off slowly. If you drink three cups of juice or water at the same time then you will trigger a response in volume. Better to just drink a little.
- Drink one type of drink instead of water. A low-carbohydrate electrolyte drinks in the evening to meet your water needs, as well as hot tea with a little salt and lemon